Patriotic popcorn is an quick and easy 4th of July snack recipe. This sweet and scrumptious popcorn snack is so delicious – it’s hard to stop munching once you start! A perfect red, white and blue patriotic snack for kids and adults to enjoy!
*This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Patriotic Popcorn: Easy July 4th & Memorial Day Recipe
One of the top favorite snacks in the Jones house – popcorn!
We love popcorn over here, but we rarely eat it by itself. My favorite mix (which I’ve now passed down to my kids) is popcorn and m&ms. It’s the perfect mix of salty and sweet!
If we are having a movie night or want to make the it even extra special, I’ll add some fun sprinkles, mini marshmallows, or other candy my kids love. They call this their “special snack” 🙂
Adding yummy treats to popcorn is such an easy snack to make, especially for holidays! There’s so many colorful options to sprinkle into popcorn for a quick & easy holiday appetizer. For Memorial Day or July 4th you can add in red white and blue sprinkles, candy, and food coloring sprays to turn it into patriotic popcorn!
Scroll down for my step my step instructions and find my printable recipe card towards the bottom of the page.
How to Make Patriotic Popcorn?
Gather your ingredients and all the red white and blue add-ins you would want to put in your popcorn. For this recipe, we have:
White chocolate melts
White chocolate chips
Red and white gummy bears
Red white and blue skittles
Red white and blue star sprinkles
Red and blue color mist
I usually add in red white and blue m&ms and mini marshmallows but we didn’t have any on-hand, and my kids requested skittles instead.
Microwave your popcorn according to package directions and pour into a large bowl.
Melt your white chocolate melts in the microwave on 1/2 power for 15-20 second increments, until the chocolate is completely melted.
Gently stir in the melted white chocolate into the bowl of popcorn.
Patriotic Snack for Kids
- 2 3.5 ounce bag of popcorn (we use kettle corn)
- 1 12 ounce bag of white chocolate melts
- white chocolate chip morsels
- red white and blue skittles or m&m candies
- red white and blue star sprinkles
- red white and blue dusting sprinkles
- red and white gummy bears
- Red and blue color mist food coloring spray
- Gather your ingredients and all the red white and blue add-ins you would want to put in your popcorn.
- Microwave your popcorn according to package directions and pour into a large bowl.
- Pour the white chocolate melts in a microwave safe bowl. Melt the white chocolate melts in the microwave on 1/2 power for 15-20 second increments, until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Gently stir in the melted white chocolate into the bowl of popcorn.
- Sprinkle in your red white and blue candies, white chocolate chips, red white and blue sprinkles, and any other patriotic treats you want to add in your popcorn. Gently mix the popcorn as you sprinkle in the add-ins.
- Spray the popcorn with red and blue color mist food coloring spray
Helpful Tips and Suggestions:
- Try to mix in your popcorn add-ins pretty quickly after adding in the melted chocolate. This will help the add-ins stick to the popcorn and not fall to the bottom of the bowl.
- You can find red, white and blue m&ms and skittles packages around the holidays or pick out the red and blue colors from the regular packages. Other red and blue candy options we like to use are Mike & Ike and Hot Tamales.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 357Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 159mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 2gSugar: 33gProtein: 4g
I hope you enjoy this quick and easy patriotic snack for kids (and adults too!) Patriotic popcorn is a perfect recipe to make for Memorial Day and 4th of July that your family and friends will love!