Snow Covered Cherry Kiss Cookies
A cherry twist on the classic kiss thumbprint cookie! Taste like yummy chocolate covered cherries and perfect for a holiday cookie exchange party.
- 1 cup powder sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 Tbsp maraschino cherry liquid
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4-6 red food coloring drops
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, drained and chopped
- 48 milk chocolate kisses
white chocolate topping
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 4 Tbsp heavy cream
- red food coloring
- 1. Preheat oven to 350. Mix powdered sugar, softened butter, cherry liquid, vanilla extract, and food coloring in a bowl. Add in flour and salt. Mix well.
- 2. Gently fold in chopped up cherries. Shape dough into 1 inch balls and place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Use your thumb to make a well on the top of each dough ball
- 3. Bake cookies 10-12 minutes. Remove and allow to cool 5 minutes before carefully removing from pan allowing to finish cooling completely. When cookies are cool enough to touch, gently press thumb in center to re-form the well.
- 4. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine white chocolate and heavy cream. Microwave for 1 minute, stirring every 20 seconds until all chips are melted and mixture is smooth. Add 6 drops of red food coloring and mix until smooth. Fill each cookie well with 1 tsp of red chocolate. Gently press chocolate kiss into center of each cookie. Allow to cool completely and let chocolate set about 1 hour. Optional: Sprinkle cooled cookies with granulated sugar or white sprinkles for a fancy snow look!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
2 thoughts on “Snow Covered Cherry Kiss Cookies”
Ohh these look delicious! Love the idea!
YUM! I’ve never seen kiss cookies made this color but it’s so festive and perfect!